SEO web design is the process of developing and designing a website to make it user- and search-friendly. Designing an SEO-friendly makes it easier for Google, Bing, and other search engines to crawl the site’s pages, interpret the content more effectively, and index the various pages in their database.
Once the pages are indexed, search engines can serve the most relevant and valuable pages to their users based on the keywords used and the search intent. Consequently, the better the SEO strategies you deploy for your website and the more you integrate the strategies into the web design and development process, the better chance of indexation and, importantly, raking atop the first Search Engine Results Page(SERP) you have.
Remember that of the billions of people who use search engines every day, not more than 5% will navigate beyond the first page. As such, you must develop and design an SEO-friendly site to earn a rank in the first SERP, hence increasing the overall organic traffic to your website.
The SEO community uses this running joke to epitomize the importance of ranking well on Google: “Where is the best place to hide a dead body? On the second page of Google.”
Herein is a basic outline to help you optimize a new site for better search engine ranking and performance. SEOs use two main web design strategies to achieve better ranking: on-page SEO and off-page SEO.
SEO-Friendly On-Page Search Optimisation
On-page SEO entails all the SEO strategies that a website owner has control over. These strategies will influence how well search engines crawl and understand your site’s content.
On-Page Optimisation Strategies:
- Keyword Research involves selecting suitable topics and keywords to target using your content. Additionally, it consists in placing the keywords in the right places on your pages.
- Using header tags, image alt tags, title tags, and meta description tags properly
- Optimising your URL structure for search engines and users
- Developing internal navigation, link structure, and information architecture that helps site traffic use your website intuitively and search engines crawl your entire site more efficiently and effectively
- Creating high quality, authoritative content that will naturally earn inbound links (which boosts your off-page strategies)
- Use a wide variety of content, including videos, lists, images, and text on your site
- Ensure your website is responsive and give your site users a great experience regardless of the device they use
- Design a website that’s a great representation of your brand, visually appealing, and has a consistent feel and look
SEO-Friendly Off-Page Search Optimisation
At its core, off-page SEO entails implementing the marketing and amplification of your website. This entails earning social media mentions and links to increase your site’s authority, thereby improving your site’s SEO ranking and, ultimately, traffic.
Off-Page Techniques Include:
- Competition analysis to understand the strategies that are effective to rank well in your niche
- Correct use of keyword-rich anchor text in your inbound links
- Earning links from authoritative websites
- Earning inbound links to your core site
White Hat & Black Hat SEO
We typically classify SEO techniques as either white hat or black hat techniques. White hat SEO techniques are those that search engines consider acceptable and are, indeed, recommended to follow as you try to improve your rankings. On the other hand, black hat techniques are designed to deceive search engines. In the case of Google, black hat SEO tends to attract penalties and website deindexing. As a side point, you may want to get in contact with your local web design agency and see what seo packages they have to offer.
White Hat Techniques
The strategies we’ve discussed above are white hat techniques. They add value to your website and your SEO strategy, making it easy for search engines and your website users to use your site. You can use these strategies to improve your ranking, sales, and traffic from search engines.